Permits, Licenses & Forms

Grand Meadow requires permits for most home building modifications, new structures or additions.  The application can be downloaded and submitted to City Hall.  Once it has met with the approval of the Building & Zoning Committee it will be taken forward to City Council for final approval.  Please note this process can take several weeks.  If you are considering a building project please plan ahead, City Council only meets once per month, the second Monday of the month.

If you are unsure if a building permit is necessary feel free to verify with City ordinances.  You can find a copy of those on this website.  Still unsure, feel free to call City Hall (754-5280).  


 Planning & Zoning

 Pet Licenses

Grand Meadow requires all dogs and cats within the City limits to be licensed.  To obtain a license, please stop by City Hall with a copy of your pet's current shot record.  Once the shot record is verified the City Clerk is able to issue the license the same day.  Both a paper license and pet collar tag is issued for $3 per animal.  


Please remember all dogs need to be on a leash in the City limits.  

 Golf Cart Permits

New in 2017 the usage of golf carts in the Grand Meadow community has been modified.  If you are interested in obtaining a golf cart, please refer to the details attached for the specific ordinance guidelines.  Golf cart permits may be obtained during normal business hours at City Hall.  Please note that you need to be at least 18 years of age and provide a copy of your drivers license or doctors note and a copy of your insurance on the golf cart.  After filling out the application, the City Clerk will inspect the golf cart to ensure it is within guidelines established for use prior to issuing the permit.  Any questions, please contact City Hall.


Attached Document or FileGolf Cart Permit Application This application must be filled out to obtain a permit.
Official Website of Grand Meadow, MN